Arguments Worth Having

Art = Absurdity = Provocation = Contemplation = Wisdom = Love

Welcome to Caleb Powell’s blog

with 7 comments

Caleb Powell lives in Seattle, Washington. A Canadian small press, Good Cheer Publishing, published his non-fiction teacher’s guide, The World is a Class, drawing on his experiences teaching overseas and traveling. He has placed as a finalist multiple times in the William Faulkner – William Wisdom Writing Competition, including an Honorable Mention in 2008 for an essay, and the short-listing of his novel (it’s a long short-list), The Disappearances of Harrison, in 2007. He is represented by Diane Nine of Nine Speakers, Inc.

Advertisements

Written by Caleb Powell

May 1, 2008 at 11:11 pm

Posted in Uncategorized

7 Responses

1. Welcome to the wonderful time suck known as blogging, my friend. I look forward to reading many of your entries.

toddiedowns

July 27, 2008 at 2:28 pm

2. looks good.

matt

July 28, 2008 at 2:45 pm

3. Caleb Powell blogworthy? You bet your sweet ass he is! Just don’t bore me with any talk of the Mariners now.

Pete Cax

July 28, 2008 at 8:04 pm

4. Well, well…welcome to the world of blogging…may you have much more time to work on yours than I! Keep us entertained and thinking, mister, that’s all I ask! Love ya!

Samantha

July 29, 2008 at 1:31 pm

5. You are a wonderful father and have done a fantastic job teaching our children chinese. XOXO

Terry

January 6, 2009 at 3:13 am

6. The blog looks good, but it is already 23:30 and i can’t read it all tonight.

The book website is http://www.elstir-editions.ch If i have your email i’ll send some pages from The Spider’s Story. i’d rather not publish this one myself because the engliish version is better and i sell mostly the French books here. If it is not too expensive, i will probably try a bilingual version of Zed this year.
    Your kids are beautiful! Look at Elstir Editions, and i’ll send you what you don’t have.

Be of good cheer. susan

Susan Litsios

January 31, 2009 at 10:25 pm

7. Thanks for contacting me on Facebook. I like your blog. I started wordprees about two months ago. I am spending way too much time on mine. But honing the craft of web writing is such departure for me. I have much appreciation for your work. I tried to write a novel, three chapters and I tossed it into a box. Its a messy work, too convulated for the readers and my sisters said “simplify.” Total rewites necessary. Hell, I still have to scrounge out a living as a writer, like always. Even work part time in an office to keep my bills paid. Maybe I will write a book in my 69th year starting next Thursday. Meanwhile I am hacking at Suite101.com and making pennies.
    God bless you and your family.
    I sure wish Matt would come back.
    Susan Etchey